We believe dance is a gift that should be accessible to everyone. We have seen first-hand what the experience of dance can have on an individual’s life. The impact has been described as nothing short of miraculous. Further, we have seen the personal and spiritual growth that can occur in participants of a Y.P.A.D. certified, age-appropriate dance community.
The ability to offer scholarships to those students is a major reason we first created Transformation Station. We know that with up to 50% of Northwest Arkansas children living in poverty, paying for dance classes is simply not a viable option. We have a new scholarship application process that will make it easier for us to provide classes for those who need financial assistance to make taking dance classes possible.
If you believe that you (or your family) fit these criteria, we welcome you to submit the scholarship application below. We will review your application and get in touch as quickly as possible.
Please read the following important notes before applying for a scholarship:
1) Scholarships do NOT cover any portion of registration fees, recital fees, or costume fees. In other words, you will need to be able to cover those fees on your own. If you are unable to do so, we recommend finding an outside sponsor (such as a friend or family member) who will agree to pay those fees.
2) Scholarships cover a portion of dance class tuition ranging from 25% to 100%. The portion is completely variable, depending on the unique situation. If you are awarded a partial scholarship, you will still be responsible for your reduced tuition rate, just like any regular student. Whatever your portion may be, if you are late, you will be charged late fees and will be suspended from the program if the balance is not paid in a timely manner.
3) Only one scholarship application is needed per family. The application includes all participating family members.
4) There are many factors that may affect the availability of scholarships. Not everyone who applies will receive a scholarship.
5) In addition to scholarship awards, we may consider bartering for certain services that would be beneficial to Transformation Station of NWA. (For example: costume seamstress, handyman repair, advertising exposure, studio maintenance, etc.) Again this is at our sole discretion, and there are only so many services we need so PLEASE do not take offense if we do not have a need for your service at this time.
6) We reserve the right to revoke scholarships if the situation warrants. All students must follow our Policies.
7) We will generally provide an answer within 30 days of application. If you do not hear from us in that time frame, please contact us. We may also contact you to get additional information.
8) PLEASE respect our decision. Awards are not open for negotiation unless we are specifically bartering for a service you are providing.